Looks like Covid-19 is not yet finished with Australia however, we are more aware and prepared than ever before! With face masks now mandatory in public settings including shopping centres, public transport, indoor entertainment, places of worship, hair and beauty premises, hospitality venues and aged care facilities. Disposable and fabric masks have become available to everyone wanting to prevent further community transmission and abide by government regulations otherwise a $200 on the spot fines will apply for non-compliance.
Masks Help Reduce Community Transmission and Help Keep Your Business Running:
While facility managers need to be flexible and sustainable in terms of short- and long-term plans, the financial and operational impacts of the first wave of COVID-19 in Australia leaves facility managers questioning the best practices moving forward for their facilities. The first wave highlighted the importance of masks, commercial cleaning equipment and hospital-grade disinfectants, largely due to the way in which COVID-19 spreads through the community.
One way that COVID-19 spreads is through coughs, sneezes and even speaking close together. A person affected with COVID-19 can be:
- Pre symptomatic
- Minimally symptomatic
Although it is important to note that proper hand hygiene, physical distancing and:
- Avoiding crowds
- Washing your hands consistently
- Coughing or sneezing into your elbow
- Stay home if unwell
- Get tested if you have symptoms
Another great way to ensure that business continues as per normal is by implementing a QR code for people to electronically check-in. These QR COVID Safe check-ins have become a requirement amongst all facilities except for retail stores and grocers however highly encouraged.
Infection Prevention Products & Equipment To Upgrade Your Hygiene Practices:
Personal Protection Equipment:
- Masks (Level 2 & 3)
- Respirators P2
- Digital Infrared Thermometer
- Anti-Fog Eye Googles
- Powder Free Clear Vinyl Gloves
- Puregiene Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Gel 500ml / 1L / 5L
- Puregiene 1L Auto Sanitiser Dispenser
- 1L Stainless Steel Auto Dispensers
- E-guard x Concentrate Disinfectant 1L/1L Spray/ 2.5L
- Viraclean Hospital Grade Disinfectant 5L
- Biosan II Decontaminant TGA Listed 5L
- Kwiksan Surface Sanitiser 5L
- Puregiene Alcowipes
- 1200 Gym Wipes Maxx Pack
- Bamboo WOW Wipes
- Standing Dispenser S/Steel Wow Wipes
- Standing Dispenser Matte Black Wow Wipes
It was clear after the first wave of COVID-19 just how much of an impact COVID would have on local business’ and facilities from a variety of industries including but not limited to; gyms, schools, government facilities, shopping centres, hospitality etc. One of the ways in which business’ have remained open has been by investing in the necessary procedures and equipment that ensures a hygienic facility.
All these products are fantastic options for facilities to implement in your hygiene practices to reduce community transmission and ensure your business stays open without disruptions!
Cleaning Guidelines – For Preventing the Introduction of Covid-19 & Helping Your Small Business Stay Open.
Clean & Safe Environment:
- As a facility manager, you uphold the responsibility for ensuring a safe environment for patrons and workers. By ensuring the removal of clutter, food and waste from the facility before cleaning and proper cleaning practices to meet cleaning standards will ensure a safe environment.
- Contract cleaning companies that are aware and practice COVID-19 cleaning with the appropriate equipment are a great option for some facilities.
- However in-house cleaning with your own equipment may also be suitable providing you abide by the requirements set by the government.
Appropriate PPE & Cleaning Products:
- Regular cleaning with the appropriate cleaning products that meet industry standards will ensure that your business stays open and without interruptions and thereby save you money in the long term.
- Use detergent to clean the workplace each day as well as frequently disinfecting highly touched surfaces. Particularly in hospitality industries and gym facilities, every surface touched by a patron needs to be cleaned with the appropriate disinfectant.
- While having the best cleaning equipment and products are important to prevent spreading of germs and bacteria.
- Ensure that all staff are trained on how to safely use the products, equipment, and PPE
- It is important to regularly check cleaning schedules and ensure that each staff that is responsible knows what duties are the be completed to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Clean and disinfect communal and frequently touched surfaces. This includes but not limited to bathrooms, kitchens, bars, tabletops etc.
- Make sure your cleaning staff are equipped with the appropriate PPE and equipment e.g. foggers and disinfectants
- Or, if you are choosing a contract cleaning service it is best to ensure that the contract cleaning service is able and certified to conduct COVID-19 Cleaning for facilities.
Density Quotient & Display Signage:
- Depending on the size of your facilities, there may be different limitations to your facility’s patron capacity.
As COVID-19 spreads between individuals through airborne particles and through contact with surfaces that are contaminated with the virus. It is important that surfaces are cleaned thoroughly, and masks are worn to reduce the chance of infection.
To ensure that your facility will start the new year safely and optimistically for 2021, invest in the proper cleaning equipment and products and therefore protect your patrons and reduce the spread of COVID-19 now.
Abco Products – your local supplier of commercial cleaning supplies in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Sydney – we have been providing contract cleaners and facility manager with environmentally sustainable cleaning products, powerful industrial cleaning supplies and commercial cleaning equipment for over 20 years. For information about our commercial cleaning consumables or machinery, please call us on 1800 177 399 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.